Effective as of January 1, 2020
By visiting the Website and using the services provided by AdLib, you consent to our use and processing of your information as set forth herein. This policy does not apply to third parties that AdLib does not own or control.
Any order forms or additional agreements to which users agree governing the provision of optional AdLib features shall take precedence over the terms of this Policy to the extent of any differences, so please read such order forms or additional agreements carefully. AdLib is deeply committed to protecting the privacy of internet users. Accordingly, we strictly adhere to all industry guidelines, and will continue to improve our policies and procedures to ensure the safety and protection of consumer information.
We will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in this Policy.
AdLib uses technology from vendors who are active members of the industry associations that govern the policies around online consumer privacy in the context of interest-based advertising, including: the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) in the US, EU, and Canada; the Direct Marketing Association in the US and the UK; the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Singapore, the US and the UK; and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) (www.networkadvertising.org). Our technology vendors also comply with the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and their Application to the Mobile Environment, and the 2015 NAI Code of Conduct. We believe that these programs’ principles help protect individual consumer privacy.
Data Collection and Use
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes name, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes mailing/billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have used or purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you (or by your employer on your behalf), your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we collect this information
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically as you navigate through the site; and (iii) from third parties, for example our business partners; each as described in greater detail below. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your communications with us, including, but not limited to, chat and email correspondence and communications relating to account verification and management, security notices, and help and support.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
· Testimonials and feedback you provide regarding your use of the Website and services .
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Website that assists us in improving the Website.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Website secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password and username) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, AdLib cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit via the Website or guarantee that information on the Website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information. If you believe the Website’s security has been breached, you agree to notify AdLib immediately.
We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, MAC address, unique device identifier, International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”) and mobile network information. We also create and store information about our users in logs. The logged information includes IP addresses, endpoints you use, and if there are any errors, we store information to diagnose and correct any problems with the Website.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain or associate your information with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: (i) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (ii) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; (iii) speed up your searches; and (iv) recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Information About You We May Receive from Third Parties
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources including:
· analytics providers including, but not limited to, Google Hotjar, Albacross, Heap, Intercom, Salesflare, and Mixpanel;
· advertising networks and publishers including, but not limited to Facebook and MediaMath;
· Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical and payment services, including, but not limited to Stripe;.
· Identity and contact data from data brokers or aggregators including, but not limited to LiveRamp, Snov.io, Albacross, Hunter.io, and Clearbit;
· Identity and contact data from publicly available sources.
The Site utilizes AdLib and third party algorithms (including those of MediaMath and Facebook) to make decisions about whether or not to bid on opportunities to serve ads and make suggestions about bidding. The use of such algorithms may constitute automated decision making in certain jurisdictions and, when done in combination with Campaigns, may constitute profiling.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Use of Information
We, and our authorized third party service providers, may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents and services to you, including, but not limited to, assisting you in creating Campaigns and placing advertisements via our third party service providers and partners.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it or other products or services which may be of interest to you
· To analyze trends and conduct research about improving our products, services and Website.
· To correlate information with other commercially available information to identify demographics and preferences to assist us in marketing efforts.
· To contact users for research, informational or marketing purposes .
· To address information security and/or privacy practices control, network functioning, engineering, and troubleshooting issues.
· To investigate claims and/or legal actions, violations of law or agreements, and compliance with relevant applicable laws and legal process.
· To comply with law, or based on our good-faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law, or otherwise to disclose information to prevent fraud and reduce credit risks, to cooperate with police and other governmental authorities, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to the Website or the public.
· To process or engage in a sale of all or part of our business, or if we go through a reorganization or merger.
· To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you or your employer and us, including for processing credit cards, billing and collection.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you and to display advertisements to you when you visit other websites via our third party ad placement vendors. We will get your consent before sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by (i) following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you; or (ii) by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service experience or other transactions.
Other ways to opt out
You may learn more about interest-based advertising and opt out of interest-based advertising that are also members of applicable self-regulatory organizations by visiting their opt-out links:
· Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) – http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
· Digital Advertising Alliance Canada (DAAC) – http://youradchoices.ca/choices
· Digital Advertising Alliance EU (EDAA) – http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
· DAA AppChoices page – http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices
Other ways to exercise choice
You may also limit ad tracking in mobile app environments on your device. For the most effective and up-to-date methods for doing so, you should consult instructions provided by those device manufacturers. We offer the following information solely for informational purposes, and we cannot guarantee that the methods below are the most current:
Apple instructions for how to Limit Ad Tracking on devices such as iPhones and iPads
Google instructions for how to express choice on Android devices
Where AdLib receives a signal to limit ad tracking, we will not serve interest-based advertising in the mobile app environment of that device.
If you have questions about how to opt out or limit mobile tracking, please contact us at email@example.com.
The AdLib Website, www.adlibmediagroup.com
Data Collection and Retention on our Website
AdLib collects personal information on the Website when visitors choose to reveal it to us. For example, when you contact us to request a demonstration of our products or services or to otherwise send us questions, we will collect personal information such as your name and email address. AdLib uses information from the Website log files to determine how you found out about us, what your interests are regarding our services, and how to further improve our site and our service towards you.
If you create an account on our Website, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active with us or for as long as you are receiving our services. After you have closed your account with us or ceased to use our services, we may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Communications From the Website
When you sign up for our services on our Website, we will use your name and email address to send newsletters to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also provide us with your personal information on the publicly accessible blogs on our Website. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display testimonials from satisfied clients on the Website in addition to other endorsements. We will obtain our client’s permission before we place these testimonials on the Website. If you are a client who wishes to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you sign up for our services on the Website, we may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as an email service provider to send emails on our behalf or a recruitment partner to process job application data. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Information Collected Automatically
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We collect information automatically through the use of various technologies including cookies. For further information on the cookies we use on the Website and how you can opt out, please see our Cookie Notice.
Links and other websites
Data Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Such service providers may include payment processors for the purpose of processing your purchases on the Website.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. (e.g. payment processing)
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others
· To enforce or apply the terms of our Master Services Agreement available at getadlib.com/terms
· In addition, with your consent, we may share your information with third parties that provide products or services that you have requested and such third parties are not acting on our behalf in these instances. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We do not control these third parties’ policies regarding the collection or use of your information. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of a third party, you should contact them directly.
Maintenance of Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Lawful Basis of Processing
We collect and process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
(i) With your consent as provided hereunder including to send you marketing messages where you have provided consent;
(ii) Performance of a contract with you;
(iii) As necessary to comply with a legal obligation; and
(iv) To fulfill our legitimate interest in conducting our business, where your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests including, but not limited to:
a. providing the services for which you have enrolled;
b. to keep our records updated;
c. to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business and inform our marketing strategy;
d. for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercises;
e. contacting you about our products, or responding to your requests.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, which may include rights to the following:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Data Security and Integrity
AdLib implements technical and organizational measures to safeguard data in our possession against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. No transmission of data over the Internet, however, is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of AdLib to intercept or access transmissions or communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. AdLib processes information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we take reasonable steps to ensure that any information in our care is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use. If you have any questions about security on the Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there.
Your consent to this Policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise you to review the Policy of every site you visit.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we discover that a Child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers.
Updates to this Policy
From time to time AdLib may revise this Policy. The date of the last update can be found at the top of this Policy. If we make revisions that materially change or affect whether or how we collect or use personal information we will notify you by email (if, as a user of our Website, you have provided us your email address) or by means of a notice on our Website prior to the change becoming effective. Therefore, you should review the Website periodically so that you are up-to-date on our most current policies and practices.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us as follows.
By email at
firstname.lastname@example.orgYour privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.